Last Updated: August 1, 2018
Welcome to DenaliFragrance.com (“Site”) operated by Denali Home Fragrance, LLC (“Denali”). Your trust is one of our most important assets. We take seriously the protection and proper use of the personal information you supply to us. This policy explains what personal information we may collect from you when you visit our website, how we use such information, and the choices you have regarding our use of this information.
We use information from our interactions with you and other customers on our Site. Because we respect your privacy, we have implemented procedures designed to handle your personal information in a safe, secure, and responsible manner.
We encourage you to refer to this policy on an ongoing basis to understand our most current data privacy practices.
If you do not agree with the practices described in this policy, please do not provide us with your personal information or interact with the Site.
The Information We Collect and Use
Information Collection: We may collect some or all of the following information from you when you visit and interact with our Site:
- Personal information that you voluntarily provide to us.Personal information is information about you that specifically identifies you or, when combined with other information we have, can be used to identify you. It includes such things as name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, personal shopping preferences, purchase and ordering history, gender, demographic information, and financial information, such as payment card information.
- Non-identifying information we collect when you use the Site. Non-identifying information is information that alone cannot identify you and has not been associated with you. It includes such things as data from cookies or data about the device you use to access, use, or interact with our Site.
The type of personal information we collect from you will depend on the specific web pages you access at our Site. Generally, you may browse our Site and learn about our many products without providing any personal information. However, we may ask you to provide certain personal information at various times and places on the Site. In some cases, if you choose not to provide us with the requested personal information, you may not be able to access all of the Site or participate in all of its features. For example, we may collect personal information from you when you:
- Register, subscribe, or create an account with Denali;
- Purchase products from Denali through our Site;
- Open or respond to our email or mobile messaging offers;
- Participate in surveys, questionnaires, contests, sweepstakes, or special offers online;
- Contact customer service or otherwise make use of our customer support tools, such as our "Live Chat" option;
- Connect, link or "share" our Site via social networking sites;
- Provide a product review;
- Participate in our rewards program; and
- Sign up for product notifications.
We use the personal information we collect for various purposes, including to:
- Operate, maintain and improve the Site, our services, and our products;
- Establish an online Denali account for you at your request;
- Process online purchase orders and keep you informed of the status of your orders;
- Provide you with information concerning products you have purchased;
- Provide customer service (for example, responding to a request or following up on an product order);
- Identify your preferences so can we notify you of new or additional products, services, and promotions that might be of interest to you;
- Personalize your online experience with content and offers tailored to your interests;
- Allow you to interact with certain third party content service providers (for example, to enable you to link to, or view content from, third party sites within Denali’s Site, or view Denali’s content on a third party site);
- Include you in online surveys, contests, or special promotions;
- Send you our catalogs and other Denali product offerings by mail or electronically; and
- Improve our Site, merchandise selections, customer service, and overall shopping experience.
We also may use information collected as described in this policy with your consent or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
Social Networking: Certain social media features available on our Site may be hosted by third party sites. For example, some social networking services allow you to share products and services from our Site via your social networking profile. If you choose to make use of third party social media services (such as Facebook or Twitter), we may receive personal information about you, such as your name and email address, that you have made available through those services. We encourage you to visit those third party social networking services’ privacy policies and review your privacy settings directly on those services. Any information we receive through third party social media services may be used as described in this policy.
Information About Friends or Family: In certain limited circumstances, we may collect information about people you know. For example, when you purchase a gift order for a friend or family member, we ask for the gift recipient’s email address in order to process the gift order. Our Site also may include a "Refer a Friend" feature that allows you to easily forward information about Denali to friends or family. If you elect to refer a friend or family member to our Site, we will ask for that person’s email address. We also may send that friend or family member a message on your behalf. We may store this information for the purpose of sending this message and to manage and improve our "Refer a Friend" program. You are responsible for notifying and, where necessary, obtaining the consent of your family member or friend before providing us with their information.
A cookie is a small data file that is stored on your device or your web browser when you visit a Site. A "session cookie" expires immediately when you end your session (i.e., close your browser). A "persistent cookie" stores information on the hard drive so when you end your session and return to the same Site at a later date, the cookie information is still available. A pixel tag ("pixel") is a small string of code that is used in conjunction with a cookie.
By collecting this information we can better understand how you interact with our Site; give you a more personal and optimized online experience by tracking your preferences; identify offers or special promotions that may be of particular interest to you based on your unique tastes; improve our Site; fulfill contracts with our business partners; help confirm receipt of and response to our emails; and provide more effective customer service. We also use this information for the same purpose as your personal information.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer personally identifiable information to outside parties unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term “outside parties” does not include parties involved in the operations of our business, website and servicing you (i.e. web hosting, credit card processing, email marketing, postal and freight companies etc.) as long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
Business Transitions: We may transfer or share information about you if Denali Home Fragrance, LLC goes through a business transition such as a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or part of its assets in these situations. Denali specifically reserves the right to transfer or share personal information collected from its Site to the buyer of that portion of its business relating to that information.
Compliance with Law: We may provide access to personal information when legally required to do so by law, regulation, subpoena, court order, government request, or other legal proceedings; to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Site; to investigate or prevent actual or expected fraud, or criminal activity; to limit our legal liability and protect our rights; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of visitors of this Site or the public.
We may also disclose your personal information for other purposes with your consent or as otherwise permitted by law.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not sell or rent your email address to third parties for marketing purposes without your consent.
We provide you with a number of choices regarding our handling of your personal information.
Emails: If you do not want to receive promotional emails from Denali, its affiliates or business partners, please follow the instructions at the bottom of any email communication sent by us and click on the unsubscribe link. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from commercial email messages, we may still email you non-commercial emails related to your account and your transactions on the Site. Also, please allow us 10 business days from when the request was received to complete the removal, as some of our promotions may already have been in process before you submitted your request.
Cookies and Tracking: You can disable cookies at any time by adjusting your browser settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available. Please be aware, however, that if you turn off cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of our Site features.
Do Not Track
Currently, we do not alter our data collection and use practices in response to Do Not Track signals.
Security of Your Personal Information
We are committed to protecting your personal information. We have implemented appropriate, industry-standard physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to maintain the security and integrity of your personal information.
However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that your personal information is absolutely secure. If you have any questions about the security of our Site, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
If you are a registered user, you can access your account at any time to update your information, including your password, email address, mailing address and billing information. You can also contact our customer service at email@example.com
We respect children’s privacy. We do not sell products intended for purchase by children or knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If you are under 18 years old, do not submit any personal information to us, and rely on a parent or guardian to assist you.
Links to Other Sites and Content
We'll be happy to provide additional information or answer any questions. Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Denali Customer Relations
3110 Judson Street, #119
Gig Harbor, WA 98335